Malaysia

Boy dies after eating keropok laced with rat poison


keropok racun tikus
The two brothers were reported to be in critical condition after eating crackers allegedly laced with rat poison and hung on the fence of an orchard in Kedah last Sunday. (PDRM pic)

PETALING JAYA: One of two brothers who were in critical condition after eating keropok or crackers believed to be laced with rat poison died today.

Kulim police chief Azizul Khairi confirmed that Akil Syauqi Nur Sufyan, 3, passed away at around 8.30am at Penang Hospital, Utusan Malaysia reported.

His two-year-old brother, Luth Syauqi, is still unconscious.

On Monday, Azizul said the mother realised her children had been poisoned when they started vomiting and foaming at the mouth.

The children went to Malau Health Clinic before being transferred to Kulim Hospital. Medical officers determined that both boys were in critical condition and decided to move them to Penang Hospital for further treatment.

Police have recorded statements from two individuals, aged 53 and 34, suspected of placing the packets of snacks on the wire fence surrounding an orchard.

The case is being investigated under Section 31(1)(a) of the Children’s Act 2001 and Section 284 of the Penal Code.



READ SOURCE

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you accept our use of cookies.