BEIJING: Rescue workers on Sunday (Jan 24) successfully lifted out one of 22 miners trapped for two weeks hundreds of metres underground in an east China mine, reported state broadcaster CCTV.

The man, discovered in a separate section of the mine to 10 workers who had already established contact with rescuers, was in “weak physical condition”, CCTV said.

READ: Normal diets for trapped China miners as rescue continues

The blast at the Hushan gold mine in Shandong province sealed the workers underground on Jan 10.

Authorities had said last week it could take another two weeks to get the miners out.



READ SOURCE

READ  China builds 1,500-bed hospital in five days amid surge in Covid cases

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here