South Korean actress Oh In-hye has died in hospital after being found unconscious in her home.
South Korean pop culture portal AllK-Pop reported the star died on Monday, aged 36.
She had been found unconscious in her home in Incheon, west of Seoul, after an apparent cardiac arrest, according to Incheon Yeonsu Police and the Songdo Fire Department.
She was rushed to hospital and after treatment her condition reportedly stabilised.
But Dispatch is now reporting that the star subsequently died.
There had earlier been reports she had attempted suicide.
Police were quoted as saying: “Oh In-hye’s friend found her and reported it, but we do not know why the friend was there. We currently believe that she (attempted suicide).”
The Korea Herald reports Oh began her film career with the movie Sin Of A Family in 2011.
She later featured in Red Vacance Black Wedding, A Journey With Korean Masters and The Plan.
A private funeral will be held for the actress.
South Korea’s entertainment industry has been rocked by a number of suicides in recent years.
Jeon Mi-seon, who appeared in a string of films including The King’s Letters and TV shows such as The Moon That Embraces The Sun, was found dead in a hotel last year.
The suicide rate in South Korea is the 10th highest in the world, according to the World Health Organisation.
The nation’s suicide problem has been attributed to cultural pressures to succeed – pressure which is amplified for those under the spotlight, such as actors and pop stars.
• In 1996, Korean-American singer Charles Park, also known as Seo Ji-won, took his life at the age of 19. Folk rock singer Kim Kwang-seok also suicided in the same year, at the age of 31.
• In 2005, actor Lee Eun-Joo took his own life at the age of 25, followed by 26-year-old actor and singer Yuni in 2007, and actor Jeong Da-Bin in the same year.
• Television star Choi Jin-sil died by suicide in 2008, followed by her brother and fellow actor Choi Jin-young in 2010.
• Television actor Jang Ja-yeon took her own life in 2009 after claiming her management company had forced her to have sex with high-profile businessmen.
• Singer Chae Dong-Ha, a former member of band SG Wannabe, died by suicide in 2011.
• In December 2017, South Korean pop star Kim Jonghyun, from the hugely popular boy band SHINee, also took his own life at the age of 27.