Tiger Woods has shared the first photo of himself since his dramatic car crash two months ago.

The golfing legend required several surgeries on his lower right leg, foot and ankle after suffering the high-speed accident in Los Angeles on February 23.

Woods shattered the tibia and fibula bones in his lower right leg in multiple places, which required a metal rod to be inserted, and has also had screws and pins inserted to the bones in his foot.

Los Angeles County Sheriff Alex Villanueva has previously stated Woods was driving at “excessive speed” and was said to have been travelling at speeds in excess of 87mph in a 45mph zone when the accident occurred.

The 45-year-old’s car reportedly struck a central reservation and travelled across two lanes before hitting a tree at speeds believed to be around 75mph.



Tiger Woods has shared a picture on his Instagram page alongside his dog Bugs
Tiger Woods has shared a picture on his Instagram page alongside his dog Bugs

Woods has shared a number of updates and other social media posts in the last two months but the image he posted on his Instagram was the first which showed him since the accident.

In the picture, you can see Woods on two crutches, with his right leg in a protective brace which covers from above the knee to his whole foot, and was alongside his dog Bugs.

In the accompanying message, Woods said: “My course is coming along faster than I am. But it’s nice to have a faithful rehab partner, man’s best friend.”

In March the Sheriff’s Department said the cause of the accident had been determined but said privacy concerns meant they would not disclose the details of the crash at that time.

READ  Japan official says Olympics must be held next year ‘at any cost’


The LA County Sheriff's Department stated earlier this month that Woods mistook the brake for the accelerator during his car crash in February
The LA County Sheriff’s Department stated earlier this month that Woods mistook the brake for the accelerator during his car crash in February

However, on April 7 Villanueva said investigators with the Sheriff’s Department believe Woods mistook the brake for the accelerator as his SUV lost control and that the primary cause of the accident was driving at a “speed unsafe for the road conditions and the inability to negotiate the curve of the roadway”.

Shortly after the Sheriff’s Department released its statement, Woods posted a message on social media which read: “In the last few days, I received word from the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department that their investigation regarding my traffic accident back on February 23rd in Los Angeles has been completed and closed.

“I am so grateful to both of the good Samaritans who came to assist me and called 911. I am also thankful to the LASD deputies and L.A. firefighter/paramedics, especially L.A. sheriff’s Deputy Carlos Gonzalez and LAFD Engine Co #106 fire paramedics Smith and Gimenez, for helping me so expertly at the scene and getting me safely to the hospital.

“I will continue to focus on my recovery and family and thank everyone for the overwhelming support and encouragement I’ve received throughout this very difficult time.”





READ SOURCE

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here